Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Smaller-Scale Remodeling

I've been trying to finish up our office. It had carpeting, which I ripped out, sanded the hardwood, then refinished it. Then I was under the house running cable and Internet from our make-shift server closet to the other side of the office. After that, I was replacing a ton of the old 2-prong receptacles and old light switches with the new modular square-looking ones.

Amazing how much more *remodeled* a house looks with the newer outlets and switches. I only have a few left to do, then I will have swapped them all throughout the entire house. I also painted the room a nice Ralph Lauren Polo "suede" textured paint in Sandoval, which is a medium tan, plus all of the trim in a bright white. It's looking really sharp with the glossy hardwood floors.

All I really need to do for the office now is to put our two desks back together, but I'm going to drill 2" holes in the top of the desks first so we can run cables through new plastic-covered holes in the desk, instead of running cables all over the damn place behind and around stuff. It should look a lot nicer cord-wise.

No comments: